Atlanta Counseling for Men, Teen Counseling, & Marriage Counseling for Couples
Are you overwhelmed with life? Frustrated? Stuck? Life can get rocky and difficult sometimes, leaving you stressed and worried. Stress, anxiety, depression, and relationship issues can take away your hope, passion, and drive. Whether you are having trouble with job stress, separation and divorce, or parenting your moody teenager there is hope. I provide counseling and therapy in Atlanta for men, teens, and couples.
My goal as an Atlanta counselor is to empower you with strategies, encourage you, help you find balance, enjoy your life, and reach your fullest potential. Counseling is about you and your unique set of circumstances. You are not a diagnosis. If you are looking for specific therapy to address specific issues then let me share with you my areas of expertise:
Counseling for Men
- Anger – Is anger affecting your work or your relationship with your spouse and child(ren)? Has it created legal issues or cost you relationships.
- Relationship Issues – Dating , marriage problems, poor communication, and separation.
- Divorce – Custody battle, co-parenting through divorce, feelings of failure, and mending the wounds.
- Work Stress – Are you overworked and lacking energy? Do you have very little time for rest and personal goals? Is your stress creating problems in your marriage and family? Are you lacking career fulfillment and want a change of direction? Have you started to cope with drug and alcohol abuse?
- Sexual Issues – Lack of sex drive/libido, erectile dysfunction, performance anxiety, and porn addiction.
- Parenting issues – Being an effective parent while managing your anger. Creating structure and boundaries. Developing strategies to support and communicate more effectively with your teen.
- Financial Problems – Managing finances, debt control, and career changes.
- Bullying – Whether in secret or in the open, being bullied can cause a great deal of emotional distress and feelings of powerlessness. With all of the (much needed) attention given to bullying parents often fear the worst.
- Self-Esteem – Teens constantly compare themselves to others on a daily basis, sometimes minute by minute. They measure their own worth by their peer groups and popularity as well as all of the trends of the day. This leads to constant insecurity shown by irritability, anxiety, and depression.
- Relationship problems – Social conflict in peer groups, volatile dating relationships, poor emotional boundaries, and reckless behavior.
- Academic pressure – Pressure from school, perceived (or real) pressure from parents, and self-imposed pressure can all lead to heightened stress, anxiety, and even depression.
- Substance abuse – Many kids will experiment with alcohol, marijuana, and other drugs. Some are on the road to developing habit and addiction based on other underlying factors going on their lives. Many times this leads to relationship, health, and legal problems.
- Divorce – Most teens are perceptive and know when a divorce is coming. Adolescents can experience increased anxiety, depression, feelings of insecurity, as well as disdain for one parent. Because experiencing a divorce can be emotionally draining for them, teenagers can often lose focus in school, sports, and activities and become apathetic.
- Self-harm – Cutting, burning, hitting, scratching, etc. Teens are not self-harming for attention, but they are crying out for help. Self-harm behavior is not necessarily suicidal in nature. While self-harm and cutting is more common to girls, boys are increasingly self-harming for emotional regulation, too.
- Trauma – Unfortunately, adolescents can experience many forms of trauma including abuse, sexual assault, auto accidents, death of family member(s), witnessing domestic violence, and loss of a friend or peer to suicide.
Marriage and Couples Counseling
- Financial Issues – Out-of-control debt, overspending or secret spending, conflicting financial planning, and spender/saver dynamics
- Infidelity – Singular or multiple affairs, emotional affairs, sexting, involvement with hook-up sites, and deceitful relationships all lead to feelings of betrayal, rejection, and constant anxiety.
- Separation and Divorce – Trial separation, in-home separation, the divorce process, and post-divorce co-parenting.
- Blended Family Issues – Custody issues, step-parenting adjustment, ex-spouse manipulation, step-child(ren) integration.
- Codependence – Unhealthy relationships, sacrificing your needs for that of another without receiving in return, and depending on another to know what your needs are without communicating them.
- In-Law Issues – Caregiving for elderly in-laws, intrusive and controlling parents, and estrangement.
- Anxiety and Panic Disorders
- Relationship Issues
- Family of Origin
- Sexual Issues
- Life Transitions
Atlanta practice located in Brookhaven and servicing Buckhead, Midtown, Decatur, Dunwoody, Chamblee, Sandy Springs, Peachtree Corners, Norcross, Vinings, John’s Creek, Roswell, and Alpharetta.